11/17/09

Hibernating with Games

Been a while since I last wrote... Yeah life just seems to get in the way sometimes. Summer is over which means I am done working in the garden and on the house for the most part. It also means that I have had a bit more time to play games. And thank god for that because there has been no shortage of good titles lately..

EQ2 continues to be my main squeeze. The guild has been working through some of the TSO raid instances. We are farming the first 3 named encounters in ToMC, first named in Palace and the first named in Ykesha's. We also had our first clear of Ward of Elements last night. Yay! Go RnH! Also new in EQ2, I was promoted to an officer within our guild. This was flattering as there are a lot of really good people in the guild. I am still a little intimidated by the whole thing, but I am having fun helping people out and moving the group forward.

Next up, I had a brief fling with Torchlight. It's fun brain candy that's good for a short session when I have a little down time. I do like the cartoonish graphics. Reminds me of some of the models and style from Full Throttle. Hmmm.. Bet this game would port to an iPhone real well. The graphics aren't all that sophisticated and the UI is just a lot of tapping.. err I mean clicking.

Dragon Age - Yep it's great. I keep hearing RPG of the decade thrown around. Suppose that means that title gets handed back by Bethesda for Oblivion or Fallout 3. My how game reviewers have such short memories. They remind me of Hammy from over the Hedge. I do think the game succeeds in delivering a great story that immerses the player though. I have, at times, felt like there hasn't been enough action. That may be due to how much I actually enjoy the combat system. It's rich and rewards smart tactics. Almost like an RTS within an RPG. Good stuff!

Uncharted 2 for the PS3.. Working through it slowly. It's the one game my wife will sit and watch me play. Also a great story and fun action game. A must have for the PS3

Demons Souls - Jury still out. Needs more play time.

Plus this week MW2 is released.. I promised a colleague I would hop onto their TS server to play with them to try it out. I'm gonna get schooled!

Last I keep hearing great things about Assassins Creed 2. I haven't even seen the first game, but I am interested in seeing what the hubbub is all about. I will probably check this out in the very near future.

Thank god fall and winter are here!

0 comments: